Hey, hi! I’m back to clean out the files again, and post another project or two from back in May when I participated in an old fashioned online crop! With challenges and everything!
Mix it Up Challenge:
The first card I’m sharing today was in answer to a Mixed Media Challenge where we were to use chipboard, embossing powder, glitter or Stickles (remember Stickles??), ink and thread!
We were given the choice to make a scrapbook layout or a card and in the interest of getting more challenges done, I opted to make cards for a few of the challenges. For this one, I started by stamping a text background stamp in the bottom corner of a folded card base. Next I stamped a leaf design all over an A2 sized white cardstock panel and heat embossed with some glitter embossing powder. I KNOW!! Me who intensely doesn’t love glitter owns a container of glitter embossing powder! I was as shocked as you! So I combined those two requirements.
Then I pulled out some items from my stash – a chipboard heart, a burlap bookplate die cut and some embroidery thread. I put them all in a pile and adhered them to the card front. This was a favorite technique when I scrapbooked and I loved repeating it on this card!
I tore the bottom of the embossed card panel to reveal the stamped text and inked the torn edge. I stamped a sentiment on black cardstock, white heat embossed it and die cut it with the coordinating strip die and added a few silver sequins for extra sparkle. As if the glitter embossing powder wasn’t enough!
Heart Card Challenge:
My second card is specifically for a card challenge – where we were to make a card using (at least) 2 hearts! And anybody who knows me at all, knows that anything worth doing is worth over doing, hence TEN hearts!
I used a border die that die cuts the actual arrangement of hearts, dots and leaves just as you see it. So I die cut the border strip from watercolor paper, and while the pieces were still in place, I painted them up and then added dots of liquid adhesive to the backside of the die cuts. Then I could flip the watercolor cardstock over and simply adhere them in place on the patterned paper before popping them out of their negative surroundings.
I stamped the sentiment and heat embossed with silver embossing powder and decided to be finished at that point. Clean and simple. A concept I struggle with, but a deadline and specific guidelines helps!
I’m sorry I haven’t been able to highlight all of the products used on these cards. I made them awhile ago and I should have made better notes at the time….
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!