Hey hi! Altenew is turning SIX! And I’m delighted to be sharing in that celebration as part of today’s blog hop! Are you arriving here from TaeEun’s blog? Good, you’re right where you should be! If not, you can click back to the beginning at the Altenew blog. Read to the end of this post for the exciting list of Altenew and Sponsor prizes being offered!
In consideration for all the challenges, feelings and stresses that we are all currently living with, Altenew considered canceling the anniversary celebration, but then recognized the opportunity to use this event to spread joy and encourage others to give back/ be there for one another during these unprecedented times. Check out this video for a personal message from the founders and to learn more about how they are supporting and donating to relief organizations that are working with vulnerable populations.
The card I made for today’s post was pure pleasure, combining a gorgeous stamp set – from the Paint-A-Flower: Roses set, a medium I love and don’t use often enough – Artist Markers, and one of the prettiest dies out there – the Leaf Frame Cover Die!
I began by die cutting an A2 card panel from white cardstock so that I could stamp my image on the center panel with the assurance that it was perfectly positioned.
I used the Red Cosmos Artist markers set to color the blooms, the Tropical Forest set for the leaves along with some of the blue shades in the Artist Markers D set. The berries and eucalyptus leaves are done with the Cool Summer Night marker set with a little of the lightest gray in the Warm Gray marker set to give some subtle warmth to the leaves.
Once my image was colored, I added the sentiment from the same PAF: Roses stamp set using Obsidian Black ink. Then I put the center panel back into it’s opening and adhered the leafy die cut frame and panel onto a folded card base of the same white cardstock. I love the elegance that white on white with a shot of color provides!
As always, Altenew has several prizes on offer! They are giving away a $50 gift certificate to 6 lucky winners and one Altenew Academy class to 10 lucky winners. There are also 14 awesome companies/crafty friends who are celebrating with us, and they are offering the following prizes:
- Altenew: 6 $50 Altenew gift certificates
- Altenew Academy: 10 class spots
- Jennifer McGuire Ink: 1 $100 Altenew gift certificate & 5 Share Handmade Kindness goodie bags($20 each)
- My Sweet Petunia: 1 prize bundle(Original MISTI, a set of Creative Corners, a Cut-Align and a bar magnet)
- CiLi in Papers: $100 gift certificate
- Craft Stash: £75 gift certificate
- Amy Tangerine: Your Brightest Year Yet online workshop(valued at $89)
- Online Card Classes: 3 class spots
- Simon Says Stamp: $50 gift certificate
- Scrapbook.com: $50 gift certificate
- Michelle’s Cards & Stamp: $50 gift certificate
- Ellen Hutson LLC: $30 gift certificate
- Butterfly Reflections Ink: $25 gift certificate
- Scrapbook & Cards Today: 1 copy of Scrapbook & Cards Today Spring 2020 issue
- Bumbleberry Papercrafts: £25 gift certificate
- Seven Hills Crafts: £25 gift certificate
I know, right!!? Crazy generous! Be sure to leave comments by April 12, 2020 for a chance to win one of 37 prizes! To make the hop more exciting, start your comment with “Hi from (city or country where you’re from)!”. 37 winners will be chosen at random from the comments left on any of the blogs listed below and will be announced on the Altenew Card Blog on April 18, 2020.
Your next stop on the hop today is Ilina’s blog. Below you will find the complete list of hoppers to refer back to in case of any broken links.
Norine Borys – You are here.
Thank you for stopping by today and enjoy the rest of the hop! Good luck winning something awesome!