I made three cards with the same stamp set, varying the techniques slightly for each card.
Card number one is the most basic. This is a stamp set that has one large background stamp and several smaller flowers for layering over the shapes left blank in the background. The best part is they are not meant to be stamped perfectly, so that takes allllll the pressure off!
I stamped with Altenew Frosty Pink ink for the background layer and Cotton Candy, Coral Bliss and Coral Berry for the flowers. I die cut the letters to spell “HUGS” with the Fine Alphabet Die Set and stamped the remainder of the sentiment with Obsidian Black ink using the Hello and Hugs Stamp Set.
Next up we have a card that uses the coordinating dies for the Bold Floral Drape Stamp set. I used Frosty Pink ink again to stamp the background, and several of the flowers shapes as well. For the flowers, I added some “depth” to the flower centers with an ink dauber and Coral Berry Ink.
I die cut all the flowers and positioned them on the corresponding flower shapes on the background. I filled in all the white space left behind in the stamping with dots and lines drawn with a fine tipped black marker. The “hello” word is die cut from black cardstock and vellum paper with the Handwritten Hello die set, and the stamped sentiment strip is from the Hello and Hugs Stamp Set, also recently released. I added some dark gray enamel dots to complete this card.
Finally, we have a third card also stamped with the Bold Floral Drape background stamp, but this time I stamped with embossing ink onto green patterned paper, and heated with white embossing powder. I stamped these flowers with Cotton Candy ink and added Coral Berry to the centers with the dauber for depth, and die cut with the coordinating dies. I love how the green polka dotted paper peeks through from behind the stamped background and shows up the leaf shapes so beautifully.
I added the “happy anniversary” sentiment from the Sentiment Strip Stamp Set and cut the strip to stretch across the entire card front. This time I popped up the die cut flowers with foam adhesive on the back, and trimmed the card panel slightly smaller than an A2 sized card before adhering them to a card base.
For more photos and how-tos, click on over to the Altenew Card Blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day!